Wednesday, February 8, 2012

11 Days of Camp

I am so glad I am back home. Kiss the ground and put my fist in the air.

Let's just say those 11 days were..hmmm..how can I put it? it was like..being burn alive. Literally. Shah Alam weather is unbearable.

First day was rough already so can you just imagine the rest of the days??  I went through the camp listening to loud yelling, punishments that can be unbearable when you're tired, the limited time you have to just take a break!! Barely had 5 minutes to just sit down and take a breather. We will all be sweating then! with all the sweating we'll pray first then run down towards the fields to get tan again.

Days go by, feels like it won't end. Every single day I trudge back into my room at 1a.m thinking that I might get a wink of sleep but all I end up doing is polishing boots and ironing my clothes..practically half awake most of the time. Wake up at 5a.m, wear those impossible clothes and run down with combat boots to more running, marching and gruelling exercises. Seriously..every one of us had our meltdowns..crying over half polished boots and missing socks. T.T pathetic.

There were people who chose to leave and I must admit I had the urge to leave as well but I was committed and I can't back down now so I stayed on with the rest. I'd be lying if I said I was not crushed when I saw people leave..but there was one person who kept on giving us support.

Kak Atie.


She's our current Kompeni F leader and first impression, thought she was some sort of emotionless psycho who loved to pick on anyone. BUT NO. In person, super shy and extremely polite! The uniform has powers I tell you. Anyways, we didn't have any masscomm seniors with us during the camp while others had theirs so it was depressing.

But by the 6th or 7th day..couldn't remember..there she was, smiling at us dressed in casual clothes saying she had something to meet up with her lecturer for a day or two. Didn't have time to chat but her presence really lifted us up. First thing she did was refilled all our big mineral bottles when we were rushing. After our activity, we came back and she helped us with polishing boots, sewing our clothes and ironing them when we fell asleep in our baju kurung. The thing is, it was against the rules for her to help yet she did. :') Woke up the next day, panicking because we didn't finish anything but alas. There were all done, right next to the sleeping kak Atie who helped us til the wee morning.

She had to go back on the same day but we were truly grateful. People like that is what kept us moving on. Same goes to our parents, friends and etc.

At the end of the day, we finally had the biggest victory, the title of KOMANDER RENDAH MUDA.

Sounds pretty sweet, looks awesome too. No parents to help put on the title though but still!! Victory is within the palm of my hands.

Wouldn't make it without the support of others so THANK YOU.

1 comments:

About Me

My photo
I don't aim to please. I aim to share.

Human Beings

Powered by Blogger.

© Euphoria, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena